For my 20th, 30th, 40th, and 50th birthday parties, I organized events centered on gaming. As you’ll see if you click on the links in the first sentence, for my 40th and 50th I set up a LARP party. For my 60th birthday party, I’m going to take a simpler approach and host a murder mystery.
This is not an invitation to that party, at least not yet. This is to get a general idea of how many of my friends would like to come.
All I know right now is the date of the party: Saturday, December 7, 2019; the place is somewhere in the Rockland County/Bergen Country area. The exact location, the setting of the mystery, and other details depend on how many are coming. I’m leaning towards a masquerade party, but we’ll see.
If you’d like to come to my 60th birthday party, please let me know.
- Please let me know before mid-October.
- You can reach me via Facebook, or send me e-mail, or text me, or call. None of my contact information has changed in the past 20 years.
- If you reply to this WordPress blog post, please leave your name. Otherwise the only thing I’ll see is the IP address, which won’t be enough for me to know who you are.
- Guests are fine, but please let me know how many would be coming with you. The total number of people affects the location of the party and possibly the mystery’s setting as well.
- I’m not asking for a commitment to attend, just general interest. I will ask for a commitment when I start assigning roles for the mystery.
- Unlike the adventures of my last three birthday parties, which I wrote, the mystery will come from a professional publisher. Even I won’t know whodunnit.
- NO PRESENTS! I was a dick about this at my 40th. I was a total dick about this at my 50th. I’m prepared to go completely Richard III at my 60th. I don’t want stuff. I have enough stuff. Friends and laughter and back rubs are what are important to me at this point in my life. One more time: NO PRESENTS!
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: 60th birthday – the invitation – The Argothald Journal
Pingback: Murder Mystery Masquerade Party – the Report – The Argothald Journal