My bookshelves were full of all the games I’ve purchased recently. The games had spilled over onto the floor, stashed in canvas bags so I could easily grab them to take to a friend’s place or a game night.
A friend of mine had a couple of bookcases she had to give away. They were the same style as the Billy bookcases I already had. I took action.
– I removed all the wall decorations from the area around my existing bookcases, including a bicycle and large wooden signs left from my time at the Ren Faire.
– I removed all the books, games, and DVDs from the shelves of the bookcases I had.
– I moved my bookcases, discarding some old wine crates I had been using.
– I visited my friend’s place, took her bookcases apart, and put them in my car.
– That evening, I carried those new bookcases in sections from my car to my apartment, and reassembled them.
– I moved all the books, games, and DVDs into their new locations.
– I rehung all the wall decorations, heavy signs, and the bicycle.
It was basic household maintenance. Why do I even blog about it?
Because it was the largest single stretch of physical activity I’ve done since I became ill last year.
I feel like I’ve crossed a threshold. I no longer feel obliged to say, “I may not be able to this because I’m sick.” I’m as physically fit as I’ve been in the past decade, perhaps even more so.
I still have to be careful. I’ve only just recovered from a foot injury due to walking too briskly. It took five months to heal. During that time I could not engage in my favorite exercise, walking. But that need for foot care is not new; it’s the same as it was before my illness.
I think I’m ready for a new adventure.
This Post Has 0 Comments
Perhaps we can engage in some if that wild walking you’re talking about when you visit Saturday. But really…. your FAVORITE form of exercise? 😉
I’m still taking “baby steps” with the walking, so I have to limit myself to 15 minutes or so.
You seem to refer to some form of exercise. *Looks at you blankly.* I don’t understand. Perhaps you could get someone to show me what this is. Just as long as it doesn’t put too much stress on the soles of my feet.
Yay! Good job!