The giveaway rules were edited in Nov 2014. The biggest change is the addition of “Beta” items.
Welcome to the Kickin’ Wiccan jewelry giveaway contest! Here are the rules.
To enter, do the following:
– Like the “Contest” post on the Kickin’ Wiccan Facebook page. Make sure it’s the most recent one, which will be easy since it will be the “Contest” post nearest the top of the page.
– Comment on the post, perhaps with your choice of jewelry, material, and size from the Kickin’ Wiccan shop.
– Please “Share” the Kickin’ Wiccan Facebook page if you like what you see. Tell your friends!
– Please “Like” the Kickin’ Wiccan Facebook page, or click the “Like” or “Tweet” buttons on the Kickin’ Wiccan shop, or follow @KickinWiccan on Twitter, or follow Kickin’ Wiccan on Instagram, or click any of the “Favorite” or “Pinterest” buttons in the Shapeways or Etsy shops. If you’ve done all these things (or as many as you can), you’re golden and I appreciate it.
That’s all you have to do enter!
There are a few limits:
– To enter, you have to “Like”, “Share”, and comment on the post in the Kickin’ Wiccan Facebook page, not in someone else’s Facebook feed. I can only see the names of the folks who interact with my page, not those who respond to yours.
– You can tag your friends in your comment to draw their attention to the contest (thanks!), but that doesn’t count as an entry for them. They have to “Like”, comment, and “Share” for themselves.
– The range of materials you can choose for the giveaway are limited to what Shapeways terms their “Stainless Steel” family and “Semi-Precious Metal” family. This includes:
Stainless Steel: matte gold steel, polished gold steel, matte bronze steel, polished bronze steel, and matte black steel.
Semi-Precious Metal: raw bronze, polished bronze, raw brass, polished brass, gold-plated brass.
I can’t offer silver in this giveaway; maybe in a future giveaway if this one is wildly successful. Sorry, no gold or platinum! Depending on the item, I may not be able to offer gold-plated brass on some of my larger items (like the cuffs).
– There’s also a design limitation: Not all the jewelry is available for all materials. I’d love to be able to offer the Heptagram ring in polished metal, but the sharp metal points can’t be polished.
– I will pay the cost of the item and Shapeways’ shipping fee. I will also pay the sales tax up to 10%. Sorry, but I have to ask that you pay any fees beyond that. For example, if you live in a country whose custom inspectors might impose large fines for a pentacle ring, you’ll have to handle the legal issues and fees.
How the contest works:
– The contest will run for two weeks. The end date will be in the “Contest” post. I’ll time the start of the contest so that the time for the giveaway (two weeks) plus the time for Shapeways to ship an order (three weeks) is enough to allow the winner to get their item by a Neopagan holiday (Samhain, Yule, etc.).
– Once the contest is over, I’ll collect all the names, count them, and generate a random number using a scientific calculator.
– I will notify the winner via Facebook’s Message service. The winner has no time limit to respond. I will ask for the information that Shapeways requires for shipping an order (name and postal address; they also want a phone number, but I’m willing to give them mine if you don’t want to give yours out). I’ll also confirm the material and custom options (e.g., ring size) you want.
– I will place the Shapeways order, which may require me to create a custom 3D model for you. The total time from the order to Shapeways printing your item will typically be about three weeks. Shapeways ships via USPS; in the US, it will take 1-3 business days to arrive.
– I will do my best to design a 3D model that will print successfully; Shapeways does its best to make sure your model prints. However, 3D printing is a relatively new technology and problems can occur. If there’s anything wrong with your item when you get it, tell Shapeways (there’ll be contact information on the packing slip) and let me know via Facebook or via kickin.wiccan.jewelry of gmail.com. If the problem is due to a Shapeways printing or shipping error, they’ll fix it; if the problem is due to a model error on my part, I’ll fix it, with two exceptions:
– If you order a ring, measure your ring size carefully. I can’t be responsible if you guess at your ring size! In particular, the thick pentacle rings are very unforgiving, especially if you only measure the base of your finger and don’t think about getting the ring over your knuckles. I strongly recommend that you determine your ring size using a professional jeweler’s measuring kit.
– There are “Beta” designs in the Kickin’ Wiccan shop. This means that they’ve never been 3D printed. All of these items are suggestions that came from entrants in previous giveaways. If you order a Beta design, neither Shapeways nor I can promise it will print successfully. Feel free to be bold! It’s your prize, after all. But there’s a risk that you might not get what you expect.
These are digital images of designs suggested by contestants. They’v
e never been printed, so they’re in “Beta.”
I will not use your shipping information for the purpose of sending you advertising, nor will I share it with anyone except Shapeways, ever!
I will ask you for permission to report you as the winner of the giveaway using your Facebook account name, which will already appear on the Kickin’ Wiccan Facebook page because of your comment on the contest post. I will respect your privacy if you choose not to be announced.
I will ask you to take a picture of the item you’ve won (so I can see how it came out) and for permission to use it for promotional purposes (on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Etsy). You don’t have to take the picture; if you do, you don’t have to show yourself wearing it nor any other identifiable details. You can also send me a picture and say you don’t want it to be made public. I’ll ask you if you want to be credited if I publish your photo.
One of the entrants in a previous giveaway suggested this pendant. I put it up as a “Beta” design, he ordered it and sent me a photograph. Now it’s not a “Beta” design anymore!
This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Finally: This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, nor associated with Facebook. All the participants in this giveaway hereby release Facebook of any liability.