From Joyce Kent via Facebook:
Here are the rules – post this list on your profile replacing my answers with yours.
Tag 25 people to do the same thing.
I am not going to do this. I’ll respond to some of these memes, but I don’t pass them on.
If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
"William" comes from my mother’s father, who passed away before I was born. "Glenn" is a masculine variation on "Gleesie", my mother’s aunt who helped raise her; she passed away when my mother was a child.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I honestly don’t remember, though I’m not the stoic anti-crying type. It’s just been a while. I certainly cried when my pets died. Edit: OK, I shed a tear as I watch the Obama inauguration.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I used to, but it’s gotten sloppier as the years have gone by.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No. Having gotten to almost fifty without any, I don’t want to start now.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I’d have to get to know the arrogant son-of-a-bitch first.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
My, what an intelligent and perceptive question! I look forward to more.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not with my current medical conditions.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I rarely eat breakfast, and when I do I rarely eat cereal. I have a couple of boxes of cereal on a kitchen shelf that are about five years old. I have a fondness for Ezekial 4:16 — the cereal, not the biblical verse.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I wear velcro sneakers.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Edy’s no-sugar-added Cookie Dough.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Whether they ask stupid questions like that (see response to question 7). Seriously, I don’t have a "checklist" of what I look at.
15. RED OR PINK?
Blue (see answer to question 7).
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be quite judgmental.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Friends who have moved away and passed out of my life.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
I honestly don’t care. I don’t think much of these kinds of memes (see response to question 16).
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I’m wearing blue plaid boxer briefs, and I’m barefoot.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
(I turned on iTunes to answer this question.) "Low Down Chariot" sung by Joan Baez.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Blue (see response to question 15).
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Yes, though she can hold a grudge for a very long time.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I don’t watch sports.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Brown, starting to turn gray.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30 FAVORITE FOOD?
Chinese food, especially twiced-cooked chicken. (Did you think I was going to say Peking Duck?)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Kung Fu Panda. (Hey, it was in my Netflix queue!)
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs and kisses. What are you, some kind of pervert?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
I rarely eat desserts per se. I used to like hot fudge sundaes, but there are almost no sugar-free hot-fudge substitutes that aren’t saturated with sugar alcohols, which upset my digestion.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
This question is ambiguous. If it’s supposed to ask, "Of the people to whom you will forward this questionnaire, who is the most likely to respond?" then my answer is that I’m not going to forward it. If you feel like carrying on the meme, go ahead, but I’m not going to actively send it to anyone.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
See answer to question 37.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Dahut, book 3 of the King of Ys.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I use a trackball. I don’t have a mouse pad.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
A couple of episodes of the Get Smart TV series, on DVD.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)
A cat’s purr.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles, I guess.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
France, when I went to Moriond, a physics conference, in 1994.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can be a good teacher, if you can handle long tangents.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
See response to question 37.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
There’s no SO in my life right now.
49. DO YOU STRIVE FOR HAPPINESS OR ENJOY THE DARK SIDE?
50. ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE YOU?
This Post Has 0 Comments
Your web-fu is good. How did you find me on LiveJournal? I didn’t think LiveJournal pages showed up on Google searches.